Did you miss Ignite FinCon? Do you want to relive the magic? You can! All videos from each of our great speakers are now available for viewing on YouTube. Check them out now.
The proposals were submitted, the voters voted, and the schedule is here.
First, thank you to everyone who submitted a topic. The event could not happen without the speakers, but we have a limited time slot so we have to limit our speakers. We used a democratic, crowd sourced process to trim the list down to our final speaker schedule.
This is our lineup for Ignite FinCon at this year’s Financial Blogger Conference.
- Write Like You Have Balls – Sandy Smith
- The Greatest Identity Theft Ever – Matt Bell
- Budgeting With Your Eyes Wide Open – Jesse Mecham
- No Debt, No Credit, No Problems – Steve Stewart
- How to Get Wealthy – Larry Ludwig
- How to Build Your Brand – Barbara Friedberg
- Get a Freaking Life – Agatha Kulesza
- How & Why to Learn to Dictate – Elizabeth Lang
- The Politics of Personal Finance – Eric Bell
- Fake it ’til you Make it: Turning your Passion into Expertise – Stephanie Halligan
- 20 Things You Didn’t Know About P2P Lending – Peter Renton
- How to Score Traditional Media Opportunities – Joe Saul-Sehy
- Top Secret Surprise Topic – Eric Rosenberg
A huge thanks to everyone who submitted topics and voted. I have seen drafts of some great presentations, and I am excited to see them live on Friday night at FinCon12.
Make sure to join us at the Mercury Cafe for this special FinCon event!
The submission process is complete and we will move on to the voting soon. Keep your eyes on this site to find out how to vote for your favorite topics.
It has been exciting to see some great topic ideas come in and I thrilled to know that we are going to have an awesome Ignite event.
The final day for submissions is June 30th.
At that point, we are going to have a one month voting period where FinCon attendees will be able to vote on which topics they like best.
The top topics are going to be the presenters for the first ever Ignite FinCon. At the start of the voting process and when voting closes, each submitter will be contacted by email with an update.
If you were waiting to submit your topic, why not do it now? Don’t miss the deadline. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
One of the most amazing parts of an Ignite event is the democratic, crowd sourced topics. We can’t have an amazing Ignite FinCon without your submissions, so make sure to sign up today.
So far, we have 11 amazing topic submissions ranging from “How creating a budget is like brewing beer” (submitted by Jenna Forstrom, @bite4size) and “Write Like You Have Balls” (submitted by Sandy Smith, @yesiamcheap) to “20 Things You Didn’t Know About P2P Lending” (submitted by Peter Renton, @SocialLoans).
There are some great topics so far, but it is not too late to submit yours. The submission deadline is approaching faster than you think, so head to our submission form and let us know what you want to talk about today!